The Cricket Australia High Performance Coaching Program is registered with the Australian Sports Commission and is Australia’s flagship coach education program.
The program is facilitated over a 12 month period including pre-residential tasks, a one week residential course and post residential tasks including a coaching diary and regular mentor sessions in the coach's state/territory.
Successful applicants are likely to be active coaches that have completed the Representative Coach Accreditation Course or its equivalent who;
- Have significant coaching experience;
- Coach within state or territory associations;
- Work with athletes competing at Senior level or youth state level (male/female);
- Grade/Premier Cricket Coaches and/or Regional Directors of Coaching
Some of the topics covered include:
- Coaching the Australian Way
- Teaching and learning applications
- Talent management
- Advanced skill acquisition
- High performance pathways
- Physical performance
- Game strategies and game scenarios
- Scoring runs
- Taking wickets
This course is conducted by invitation only.