Cricket Australia Coaching

News

Why do I need to supply my CCA ID number?

All junior cricket matches are now required to select a coach when entering a team into MyCricket.

Why do I need to supply my CCA ID number? 

Cricket Australia is committed to ensuring all players play in a safe environment and have an enjoyable cricket experience. Earlier this year, Cricket Australia and Queensland Cricket, together with other state and national sporting organisations, participated in the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse’s hearing into sporting clubs and associations.

All junior cricket matches are now required to select a coach when entering a team into MyCricket.  Junior coaches will need their Cricket Coaches Australia (CCA) ID number linked to their MyCricket profile.

Further to Cricket Australia and Queensland Cricket providing statements to the Royal Commission, involvement in the Royal Commission gave the opportunity to start the process of considering further strategies that can be implemented across Australian Cricket to ensure that information and resources are available for cricket associations, member protection information officers, clubs, coaches, volunteers, parents and their children to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children from community cricket through to pathway programs.

Over the coming months, we will be working with the State and Territory Cricket Associations to ensure that an Australian Cricket approach is taken in respect of child protection and other member protection issues. One way for cricket and the broader sports industry to protect children is by understanding who is coaching junior cricket. 

Your club MyCricket administrators will be made aware of this process and more information about the process in MyCricket can be found here:

https://mycricketsupport.cricket.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/212057626-Selecting-a-Junior-Coach-for-a-Team

Having trouble logging in to community.cricket.com.au/coaches?  What if your accreditation has expired?  What if I used a different email address to this one? 

Visit http://community.cricket.com.au/coach/faqs for more assistance.

Do you know a coach who isn’t currently accredited? Send them to coaches.cricket.com.au and get them to register today!