Cricket Coaches Australia
Coaching position available - HEAD COACH AUSTRALIAN DEAF CRICKET TEAM
The position of Head Coach for the Australian Deaf Cricket team is responsible for the individual skill development and team performance of the Australian Deaf Cricket team.
HEAD COACH AUSTRALIAN DEAF CRICKET TEAM - CANDIDATE BRIEF
- Develop a program that facilitates excellence in team and individual preparation and performance.
- Report to Cricket Australia and have overall responsibility for the performance of the Australian team.
- Attend the National Cricket Inclusion Championships in Melbourne to identify talent
- Lead and manage a team of satellite coaches throughout states and territories that will develop players in the lead up to the national team training camp(s).
- Plan and deliver the national team training camp and be a member of the selection panel.
- Report and have accountability to Cricket Australia
- Coaching experience at Premier/Grade level or higher
- Minimum Representative Coaching Accreditation (level 2) required however High Performance Coaching Accreditation (level 3) desired.
- Experience in coaching your own club/team and a history of successfully developing players
- A demonstrated history of coaching athletes with who are Deaf and an understanding of Deaf culture will be highly regarded but not essential
- Strong communication, interpersonal and management skills are required. The focus will be on creating a positive team environment where players can develop individually and the team can flourish.
- The successful candidate will need to identify and develop the existing talent technically and tactically and transitioning players from club cricketers to be a high performance team 1
- The Head Coach will be responsible for setting out and then executing plans for the development of the team. Central to these will be the ability to manage the playing and coaching resources at their disposal to the greatest effect.
- Develop a national approach which will lead state satellite coaches in their coaching and development plans at state level.
• The closing date for applications will be Friday 29th September.
• Letters of application and full CVs should be sent by email to email@example.com
• For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Aaron Dragwidge either by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on (03) 9653 9990.