The Club Ambassador Program aims to further engage people into Community Club Cricket. The Club Ambassador Program will help facilitate greater collaboration and engagement between Australian Cricket and the broader community and other stakeholders.
The aim of the Club Ambassador Program is to ensure that cricket has a meaningful presence within the Australian community. The Club Ambassador will be an integral part of promoting cricket within the community, specifically:
- helping deliver the A Sport For All program and ensure welcoming and inclusive club environments
- providing a platform for communication between clubs, States and Territory Associations and Cricket Australia; and
- promoting and create further engagement with the KFC T20 Big Bash League.
How do I apply?
1. Apply online by 5.00PM AEDST Thursday 30 April 2016
2. Applications will be reviewed by a panel chaired by Cricket Australia’s Manager – Club Cricket and in consultation with the State and Territory Cricket Association Game Development Managers
3. Successful applications will be notified by email and telephone by 6 May 2016 and will be invited to an induction workshop (date TBC)
Ambassador Role Description
Club Ambassadors have a valued role to play in ensuring cricket is Australia’s favourite sport – a sport for all Australians.
The Club Ambassador role involves the following initiatives:
- delivering the A Sport For All program each season to club administrators and volunteers;
- assisting with the promotion of KFC T20 Big Bash League (and linking with a State specific team);
- inspiring participation in cricket through the coordination of customised entry level programs such as MILO in2CRICKET, MILO T20 Blast centres and MILO T20 Blast School Cup focused on engagement;
- transitioning teams into Cricket Australia structured cricket and increasing number of participants (players, coaches, umpires and volunteers);
- utilising Cricket Australia social media platforms to further promote cricket and helping co-ordinate content for broadcasting through multicultural and broader media; and
- coordinating initiatives with other Club Ambassadors (either at the same club or other clubs).
The following selection criteria will be used to determine CA Club Ambassadors:
- Willingness to sign up and abide by a “Code of Conduct” (compulsory – part of the registration process).
- Be prepared to commit time to the delivery of the selection of activities highlighted by Cricket Australia.
- Be available for an induction day to be held in the applicable State or Territory.
- Computer literate with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- A willingness to undertake a Working with Children and National Police Check (compulsory).
Benefits for Cricket Australia Club Ambassador Volunteers
- Named on the Cricket Australia Club Ambassador section of the website, including a short profile on a Cricket Australia website.
- Allocation of a Cricket Australia branded backpack.
- Allocation of Cricket Australia or KFC T20 BBL branded polo top.
- Participation in Cricket Australia induction program at the head office of either Cricket Australia or the relevant State or Territory.
- Access to former, rookie and current male and female cricket players when available for club promotions (as determined by Cricket Australia in consultation with the Australian Cricketers’ Association).
- Professional development opportunities and access to Cricket Australia coaching/umpiring resources.
- Formal welcome letter from Cricket Australia.
- Access to KFC T20 Big Bash League rewards including membership, tickets and merchandise.
- The Club Ambassador of the Year and guest will be invited to a Cricket Australia event.
The role is on a volunteer basis with a yearly term as determined by Cricket Australia in its absolute discretion.
Amendment, Modification or Variation
This position description may be amended, varied or modified in writing by Cricket Australia (in its absolute discretion) following Club Ambassador Program Members.
Need more information?
For more information please email us or phone (03) 9653 8861.