Clubs and associations are encouraged to hold fundraisers to provide the best possible environment for its players, coaches, volunteers and visitors.
Fundraisers are held to raise money for a specific purpose including, the need for new equipment, training facilities, coaches and so on. There are many fundraising activities that a club or an association can partake in. Some include:
- Renting out club rooms for small private functions.
- Cricket merchandise auction.
- Club breakfasts*/dinners with special guests or celebrities. (* - see download at bottom of page)
- Club merchandise
- Sausage sizzles.
- Cricket games live in the club room.
- Junior’s disco.
- Golf tournaments.
- Longest six competitions.
- Fastest bowl competitions.
- Coaching clinics/school holidays programs & activities.
- Offering sponsorship/ space to advertise at the club.
- Cricket fantasy leagues.
- Theme nights
- Cricket Club’ got talent nights.
- State and Territories may have specific legislation in place for fundraising. Visit the Funding Centre website to find more information on fundraising in your State or Territory.
State and Territories may have specific legislation in place for fundraising. Visit the Funding Centre website to find more information on fundraising in your State or Territory.
Create a voluntary donation add-on for your membership and participation fees
You can also add a voluntary donation option to any retail transaction - for example, sale of merchandise, game day tickets, event tickets and much more. It's an easy process and many local clubs have used this successfully. You collect the total amount from your customer and send us through all the donated money with a list of the donors. We provide the donors with a tax receipt and then the monies raised are included in the project grant pool in the normal way.
Australian Sports Foundation presentation here.